Quality, trust and value...since 2005
1. A diamond is what in its most pure form?
A diamond is made of just one element: carbon.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Four C's?
A carrot is a vegetable, whereas carat is a unit of measurement that refers to the weight of a gemstone.
3. The Cullinan, the largest gem-quality diamond ever mined, weighed how many carats?
The Cullinan was 3,106.75 carats (rough weight) when it was found in 1905.
4. Where can one view the Cullinan Diamond?
Both Cullinan I and Cullinan II are part of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom, which are kept at the Tower of London.
5. A diamond measures what on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness?
A diamonds is the hardest material on earth, and therefore scores a 10 on the Mohs scale.
6. A diamond can chip and/or break?
It's true, a diamond can chip or break when hit just right. Learn more.
7. Can some diamonds actually glow in the dark?
Some diamonds are fluorescent, which means they will glow under ultraviolet light. A rare property in diamonds is phosphorescence, which enables the diamond to continue glowing for a short time after the UV light has been turned off.
8. According to a 2011 survey by TheKnot.com, what is the average price for an engagement ring?
The average American engagement ring costs $5,200, according to a 2011 survey that polled more than 10,000 U.S. brides and 1,000 U.S. grooms who were either recently engaged or married.
9. Which is the following is NOT a typical diamond shape?
While round, oval and radiant are all traditional diamond cuts, cube is not.
10. Diamond is the birthstone for what month?
Diamond is the official birthstone for April. While traditionally celebrated with white diamonds, black diamonds, yellow diamonds, and pink diamonds make great alternatives.
Can we store cookies?
Your cart is currently empty.